Friday, June 5, 2015

June Goals!

I didn't finish EITHER of my goals for May. Early in the month I had surgery on my right hand, and my left one was healing from surgery 2 weeks earlier. Sewing didn't pose much of a problem, but cutting was impossible. What I should have done was cut a lot of fabric before the surgery so I could just push it through the machine 1 handed.
So those goals are going to roll over to June in addition to 2 more this month.
This month I am going to finish:

1. Spangled Stars quilt

I have all the pieces cut out, I just need to sew them together for a completed top. I don't know what i will use for the backing right now though.
This is part of a QAL so if I do everything on time I will get this finished no problem. This will be my Lovely Year of Finishes entry for June My Button

2. Since fathers day is in June, that will hopefully give me the incentive to finish the USC quilt I am making for my dad.

I have all the pieces for the top, just not all sewn together. He loves the University of Southern California so this is a fitting gift. I'm calling it "Point the Way to CA" because of the blocks I used to make it.
Rocky Road to California
Road to California
and Weathervane

I'm going to not use batting and back it with fleece.

Linking up with:
Quilt Fabrication
Tweety Loves Quilting


Fort Worth Fabric Studio
My Button

4 comments:

  1. I hope you recover fast and I wish you all the best for your June goals! I am so behind with all my projects that I decided not to have any "finish" planned for June... I will try to do as much as possible, but I don't want to add too much pressure ;)
    Both your projects looks fantastic, love the colors!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have you get better quickly so you can get stuck in to your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your hands are better soon and you can cut. Love the idea of using fleece. Your father wil love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is rotten for you , hope you recover quickly

    ReplyDelete