Monday, May 18, 2015

Finish for the Pixel Quilt and Mystery Paper Piecing!

My husband had just mowed the grass so I thought our lovely shorn lawn would make a pretty backdrop.
I quilted diagonally across the pixels then in the ditch around the inner border. I used my new Aurifil thread I got as a gift from Fabric N Quilts and I think that made all the difference in the world! I didn't have any tension issues for the 1st time of trying to quilt! I also used another of the gifts they gave me, a paper pieced quilt tag
I have no idea who this quilt will go to, so until then it will stay blank. Also I put a little applique heart off center in the back. I wanted it to look almost like a thought bubble, yet inconspicuous and small. At the same time, it breaks up the blankness of the back? Dunno, but it felt right :P Also a single heart on each side matches with the Le Challenge for this month!
You can see the quilting (I'm not embarrassed to show it!) and the binding (cute little deer!)

Also Janeen over at Quilt Art Designs released a new MYSTERY BLOCK!!! Of course I had to drop everything and piece it up to see what it was. She gives the pattern and the colors, but we didn't know what the picture was supposed to be of. All I knew was it had a lot of browns...and I have some browns but they aren't solids...Well, you see how this poor guy came out!


A plaid lion! Oh the indignity! LOL Now that I know what he is supposed to look like I can go back and make him more stately in less printy fabrics, but that takes all the fun out of it :P


 Linking up with:

Stretch Your Skills @ tweloquilting.blogspot.com
Le Challenge

6 comments:

  1. This wonderful baby quilt is the winning entry of May's giveaway on my blog! Please get in touch with me via email if you want to get your surprise package ;) great job and thanks for participating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pixellated heart and by coincidence, I just basted one today. Just popped over from Le Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pixelated heart is gorgeous! The lion looks a little like he's wearing some sort of plaid helmet! Thanks for linking to le challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pixelated heart - thanks for participating in le challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pixelated heart is brilliant and, you know what, I think the heart on the back was a really good idea too!

    ReplyDelete