Monday, April 20, 2015

It's been a bit since I've posted!

I went back to work for 2 weeks before I am to have hand surgery and it really cuts into a person's free time!
So yes, I will have hand surgery this Thursday on Lefty and 2 weeks later on Righty. This is for carpal tunnel syndrome which has been getting bad enough that I needed to do something about it.

How am I going to sew?!?

 It's the thing that keeps me sane when I'm off work. Lefty wont be that bad but I'm right handed so that will eliminate a lot of what I can do. Oh well, gunna quit whinging and show you what I have been working on...

First up was the QCQAL2: Row 3. Boy that's a mouthful! Otherwise known as

Rocky Mountain Puzzle

This is the really 1st asymmetrical block I have made. Not counting improv piecing and the like, but of the traditional blocks. Keeping with my Halloween/Autumn theme I have skeletons and harvest scenes with solid orange. The centers I really should have fussycut but they were small enough I thought it didn't matter--oh well. I know now to fussycut even if I think it wont matter!

Another thing I completed this week is the zebra for Mystery Block #5. I love this little guy! The stripes were a challenge, but totally worth it. This is my favorite paper piecing block so far of the lot!


2 comments:

  1. Great Rocky Mountain Puzzle Blocks! I can't wait to see your next blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your little zebra! Well done you!!

    ReplyDelete