Today I finished, a pillow a bag and 6 quilt blocks for 2 different quilts . So, lemme show you what I did.
As soon as I woke up, I got on the 'net and I saw a tutorial for a 9 patch from Sew Can She. And I thought that would be fun to do with made fabric. I could put it in my scrap quilt that I am going to make for the nursing home.
So these were the 2 blocks that I came up with.Problem is that the other made fabric blocks are larger than these.Oh well! I'll put a border around them. Since the whole thing is going to be a scrappy jumble, kinda like the Ugly Quilt, I don't think it will matter too much.
http://jacquelynnesteves.com/. I changed a few things on the block that I had made for the Sew Sweet Simplicity sew-a-long and I embroidered a Eastern Bluebird on it. I also wrote its scientific name Sialia sialis next to it :) I didn't chance much on the block, but the major thing was that the original called for a snowball for the center block, but I was afraid the bird wouldn't fit, so it is just a square instead. I was inspired to embroider this a few months ago when on one of the coldest days of the winter I saw an Eastern Bluebird hanging out and thought he must be cold! (These guys are year 'round residents here)
Linking up with: