Saturday, March 21, 2015

It's been awhile, I have a lot to catch up on

For starters I finished the Courthouse Steps for the Quilter's Choice Quilt-A-Long

Since this is a row quilt a long, I am finished with the 12" blocks. Instead of putting them in a straight rows (all Weathervanes then all Courthouse Steps) I staggered them.
Without meaning to I am making a Halloween-ish quilt! There are skeletons in the centers of all the blocks. Also the yellow strips in the Courthouse are cat themed. The light yellow have cats all over, and the darker yellow have balls of yarn.
I can't wait for the next block to come out!

Now for the Project Quilting Isn't That Charming? challenge. The idea is to take a pack of charms and made a project using at least 20 of them. The entire front of the project has to be made of charms. Well, I didn't have 20 charms readily available so it says in the rules that you could cut fabric to 5" squares and make your own charms--which is what I did.
My co-worker is going to have a baby boy, so I made her a baby quilt!
I cut squares in blue florals, green leaves and frolicking frogs!
 
 For the back I used green with tiny white dots
 
You can't see the binding very well on the quilt (or I couldn't get a good picture of it), so I took a picture of the design. They are little blue foxes with grapes on a tan field.
I am so in love with this little quilt! But I mean little! It is less than 30" square, and not big enough to be a baby quilt. I will end up making another quilt for her, but what do you do with a quilt that small? A doll quilt maybe? Are there any rules on how big a baby quilt should be?

Linking up with:
Project Quilting
QCQAL #2


2 comments:

  1. so cute! My girls love to use little quilts for their dolls or tea parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute baby quilt! I have some of that frog fabric. :) www.quiltartbymegan.com

    ReplyDelete