Sunday, March 1, 2015

Feb was a busy month for me!

I have been so busy this month. I have been out of work so all I have been doing is sitting at home on my sewing machine. So here is a list of what I did this month:
Hearts and Holsteins Quilt
This quilt I made for Project Quilting.
When it was finished I donated it to the local nursing home. 

Ugly Quilt
This quilt I also donated to the local nursing home. It is called "The Ugly Quilt" because each block in it was too ugly to go into the quilt it was intended for. I actually loved making this quilt, I love the improv sashing. I think I need to do that again...
 Scary Doll
The mouth on this was the first paper pieced pattern that I ever designed! It wasn't supposed to be a mouth, but inspiration hit. My kid has problems with nightmares and I told her that this doll will scare her nightmares away. She loves it!
Blocks
It seems that I made a lot of blocks this month too!





Linking up with:

Quilting is more fun than Housework
Fresh Sewing Day
And becuase I'm just a little tiny blog :)
Small Blog Meet

8 comments:

  1. That doll is the most brilliant idea! What a fabulous way to help soothe your daughter and it's so funnily cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scrap blocks and the second quilt looks full of interest, lots to talk about there with the staff in the nursing home, how kind of you to donate it. Scary doll is such a good idea, my daughter used to have nightmares too, I wish I had thought of a doll then.
    Happy quilting this week, thanks for visiting my blog,
    Kind regards,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that doll idea! What a great gift for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the ugly quilt idea. I have a fair few fabrics that I've labeled as "ugly" for maybe I'll put them all together in a quilt and practice some new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the doll and the ugly quilt idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always happy when orphan blocks find a home in a project! Nice job. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Your quilts are pretty. You are very nice to donate them to the local nursing home too. The doll is cute! Have a great day and thank you for visiting my blog and commenting..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a fan of your ugly quilt treatment... got to keep that in mind! Pretty blocks too.

    ReplyDelete