Saturday, January 31, 2015

Paper piecing and BOM block

At first I thought I was going to post about my Wednesday WIPs...
Then I thought, well I missed that. I will just finish up and post for Finish Up Friday...
Well it is Saturday and I am finally posting what I did this week :) Is there an alliteration for Saturday?

I have been really behind on the Sew Sweet Simplicity BOM because I have been hand embroidering the center squares. All 6 have come out and I just finished the 2nd one!

Eastern Bluebird

Even so, I put the block together wrong (or not as I intended and not how the pattern suggested). But I am very happy they way my little Sialia sialis came out. My handwriting is horrible when using ink and paper, this proves that with needle and thread it is just as bad.
So now that I am done with this block I need to get cracking on the others! But I also need to embroider the book titles on the Harry Potter bookshelf quilt--The Project of Doom!!! Which brings us to the next blocks I did this week...
Block for week 3

Block for week 4

The fussy-cut potion bottle seemed like a good idea. But now it looks more like a bottle of perfume rather than a potion. Maybe it is a potion to make you smell nice, and it works when you dab a little bit behind your ears and on your wrists?
It will be ages before I get the titles on all of these books though! I really need an embroidery machine. Something I could type out what I want and it will stitch it in whatever font I choose. Something that I could design cool patches, or even download pics...If anyone has a few thousand dollars laying around and they want to get me one, I wont argue! Oh well, better start saving my pennies.
Last thing I did this week was a paper piecing request
February is African American history month, and a designer requested that someone test some African American superhero patterns for a debut on the Fandom in Stitches website. She just needed the piecing and not the embroidery (which is good how backed up I am on my embroidery!)
So this is Nick Fury! I think he came out nicely, even if he doesn't have a mouth or nose. I SWEAR I will embroider those on some day!

4 comments:

  1. All your paper-pieced blocks look great. I'm working on a paper-pieced project and it has certainly been a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!
    I love doing it! Even when the finished product doesn't come out nice, it's still a blast to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. I am also a quilter though still learning techniques. I am now following your blog and look forward to seeing what you are working on. Hope you will come back to visit me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, I'm following you on Bloglovin' too :)

      Delete